Hi folks. This isn’t food related, but just something that has been on my heart. David Riemens went missing in Watertown, TN on 8/8/12. I did not know him personally, but I have friends who are really missing him.
He was a stone mason that did amazing work.
This is copied pretty much directly from the Facebook page:
David Riemens has been missing since Wednesday 8/8/12. His truck is parked in the Dollar General parking lot in Watertown TN. If anyone has seen him or knows anything about •where he might be, •the contractor he was meeting, •the old man building a block foundation, maybe for his adult child- approximately 20 mile radius, near an old barn not visible from the road and there is rock fence nearby. •If they are still working on it, the stud walls may be up by now), or his truck being parked at the Dollar General, please call the Watertown Police at 615-237-3224.
The FACTS, as we know them:
– David did not have a cell phone.
-Permits of all kinds have been pulled in 3 counties
-David met an “old man” at LuLu’s in Watertown on either, Sunday 7/29 or Saturday night 8/4. Does anyone remember that night or who he talked to?
-He went to the mans property twice, to pick up old brick with the old man.
– He was on his way to bid the job of later (stone) facing the existing block foundation
-There were 2 older men laying block while David was there. These 2 men are VERY important to find also. They would know the property owner and the contractor.
-There is a stone fence and a barn on the property.
-David was at Dollar General in Watertown, TN on Wednesday 8/8/12 sometime, after 10 a.m. where he (probably) parked his truck facing the road at the edge of the lot out of view of any cameras.
-MAYBE, He was “Supposed” to meet the old man there and then go to meet the contractor. We don’t know what kind of vehicle he got in or who was in the vehicle. It is “Possible” the old man was not there. It is “Possible” the contractor met him there. We only “know” what the “Plan” was that day.
-There are 2 pages that were torn out of David’s sketch pad that was found in the truck…. before? after? who knows
-David was able to drive from Donny and Laura’s farm in Shop Springs to the mans property, pick up the brick, and then drive back in about an hour. This is an important clue in regard to the geography.
-David is a wonderful person who is loved and we MUST find him.
Please know that we read all your questions, suggestions, and prayers, and that:
* David had no known enemies. This may/may not be foul play.
* His bags were packed to visit his family in Michigan. He took no belongings
* He did not take his dog.
* He is a very fit, active, sober, loyal, outdoor savvy, kind man.
* Videos at Dollar General/Car Wash show nothing.
* K-9′s suggest he got out of his truck and into another vehicle
* We have more than 2 detectives on the job
* We have people flying around looking from a plane
* Building permits are being pulled in Wilson & DeKalb Counties
* Home phone records have been pulled-no lead; he did not have a cell phone
It’s amazing to me that someone can just disappear into thin air. I’m just hoping this gets the word out to people who may not watch the news, but love to eat great food. If this rings any bells, please call the Watertown Police at 615-237-3224.