I realize this is a little late, but I wanted to break down the most popular posts of 2012. Thank you to anyone who has stumbled upon this very humble blog that is very much a hobby. I enjoy all your comments and suggestions!
1. Oven Baked French Toast: This is one of my favorite recipes that my mom used to make when I was a little girl. It has an added bonus that it doesn’t require many ingredients and is very easy.
2. Easy Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage: To be honest, I was surprised by the popularity of this post. I like Corned Beef and Cabbage and I think this is a great way to cook it, but I didn’t realize so many other people would like it.
3. Cori’s Dog House: We’re a mixed blog. We write about recipes and restaurants that we visit and that’s ok. Cori’s Dog House is a great hot dog place in Mt. Juliet. Yum.
4. Tennessee Caviar: (Also known as redneck caviar) This is an awesome dish. We make it as a treat and eat it with chips.
5. Miss Mary Bobo’s Boarding House: This is a great stop if you are a Tennessee tourist (or a resident). I take students every other year to tour the Jack Daniel’s distillery. We eat here every time. You eat with a hostess, who discusses the history of the town and the boarding house.
Most of these posts were written previous to last year. Here are a few of my favorite post this year, in no particular order:
1. Mushroom Beef Stew: We make this regularly in our house. It’s relatively easy and awesome.
2. Phyllo Chicken Pie: Also a new recipe that made it into our normal rotation.
3. Nona Lisa Pizzeria: A really great pizzeria in Watertown. Worth the drive.
4. Gingersnaps: We make these almost every year around Christmas. They are my favorite Christmas cookie.
5. Burger Republic: This is my new favorite restaurant. I’m so glad it’s close so we can go there regularly.
There’s my 2012 review in a nutshell. Any recipes or restaurants we should try in 2013?